Translate

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Hidden Treasures

Hi,
Well, this is my first Blog, so here we go.
We can call this upcycle or recycle what ever its fun. You can get inspiration to make something from other things in your kitchen or around your house if you just look.  I had these items in the cabinets not being used; A plate, candy dishes, small bowl ,vase and a small goblet.




All you have to do is get some liquid nail for your items to stick together. If you need a pretty cake plate or cake server and don't have one, take a look at how easy it is just to make one. Just look in your cabinets, I'll bet you can find several things you can probably use. I just played around with different items to see which ones fit together and looked good. It depends what you want to use it for.

I had a pretty Blue Willow plate and a clear glass candy dish. I turned over the candy dish to make a foot or pedestal for the cake plate or server. Then just sit the plate on top. If it sits well and doesn't wobble, and you like the look, use the liquid nail to glue the two pieces together. See how pretty this match was. Now you have something very pretty for your cake to be served in. Hey, you also can serve your rolls on this. You know Easter is next week. Just think of the possibilities waiting to be created in those cabinets. Or better yet, just go to a Thrift store or garage sale and look around. Things will start looking different to you.



Again, I wanted something to use to put nuts or candy in. People like to munch on something before lunch or dinner while we visit. This is where I had the green bowl and 

and a goblet, even the vase will do. Look how this is cute together. I just made sure the two fit together firmly with no wobbling. Just get the old handy liquid nail out and go for it, glue, glue, glue.

I can see some Easter jelly beans of different colors in this or nuts would be really pretty.

This is a different way they can go together. You can turn the clear up or green up.

I started to put the bowl and vase together but didn't. But it is all what you like.
These are the two items I ended up gluing together and using for a cake server and candy or nut dish. Now I have two pretty handmade treasures.
 Ok, now go looking around your house and see what you can find without buying anything to make something new.

2 comments:

  1. Now where have I seen this before???...;-) Lovely job Steph and welcome to the blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on starting a blog..I wanted to help you get started with more followers so I am your newest..Thanks for becoming one of mine.Hi.. ..I have found such wonderful people on blogs. I wish the rest of the world could be as uplifting & supportive to each other as I have experienced. Barb
    P.S. I am having my own link party (Monday April 12th) for recipes, crafts, makeovers, whatever you have been working on…“My Creative Space Monday” @ santasgiftshoppe.blogspot.com
    …..I’d love you will join up, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Please leave a comment and let me know what you think. . Come back and check to see what I will be creating or talking about in my Ladybugs Garden. Stay creative!