Translate

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

UPCYCLED APRONS

Sometimes a object starts out as one thing and ends up being made into a totally different thing. Kinda like Cinderella turned into a Princess. I love thrift shopping and saw these poor old valances, pillow cases, curitans, napkins, hankies, table runners, doilies, pillow shams. Some are of these are vintage and some are not.


Full size sheets can be used for cutting apron ties...
Valances make a great body of aprons
Vintage Battenburg lace curtains



Just a pretty photo of my Purple Angel Trumpets..


Finished Vintage Upcycled Apron..

Vintage Apron Upcycled Curtain..with overlay of a Vintage yellow Napkin..with Battenburg deco cutout, alittle ric rack
Used a full sheet to cut of beautify full Bow for my Vintage Curtain Apron

See my little pocket using a tie back from a curtain.. pretty yellow with lace trim..You can hide youcell phone or hankie...rings watch etc..
See my cute short Valance Apron..
With overlay of a vintage doilie...
Long pretty bow tie made of Vintage Battenburg leftover valance topper.
Look at this Old Vintage Quilted Curtain I am working on to make a Quilted Apron...
Until next time...Stop by to see what I might be creating...

CHECK OUT HOPE STUDIO BLOG FOR THIS FEATURED!






3 comments:

  1. I love any project that involves upcycling :) Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an excellent idea! I recycle thrift shop sheets all the time, but I've been passing by all the valances and cafe curtains. Man, now my mind is busy with valance/curtain/apron projects. Such a clever wake up call!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the yellow and orange daisy fabric. It reminds me of my childhood bedroom at my grandma's house.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Please leave a comment and let me know what you think. . Come back and check to see what I will be creating or talking about in my Ladybugs Garden. Stay creative!