Translate

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Easy Pearl Corsages & Boutonnieres

Glad you stopped by. I had to make two corsages and a boutonnier this week for my sons HomeComing Dance. Zachary had a date with two, yes, two girls. I did say WHAT!  Oh, they are all just good friends. These girls invited him..OMG So I checked out what was popular in the wrist corsages. This what I found and thought hey I can make this for under $5 each, not the $50 shops are charging. Let me know what you think. I think they came out beautiful, I have to say!


These are the thing you will need for the boutonniere. Floral tape, pretty pin for it, one pretty flower, wire cutter, and a clear box to hold it when complete. I found these at Hobby Lobby.
The wire cutters are made in needle nose pliers.

A box of pins
Floral tape.
Its nice, you can buy the clear box to put them in when finished.

Cut the rose off about two inches.
This rose was only $1.99
I found some little pearls on wire to add. But you don't have to add anything. 
I took one off and clipped it at the top.
I took one big leaf clipped off from rose stem and the little pearls and held  it together.
Look at it to see if you like it.
Get the floral tape and start wrapping it together at the very top of rose. When taping pull it tight. It is kinda sticky tape to it hold all together.
Keep wrapping the tape down to the bottom of the stems. When I got down I clipped it off to make them even. Then at the bottom wrap it extra on the tip. Then I go back up the stem wrapping it. Don't cut the tape off until you get back to the very top.

Here back to the top then I cut the floral tape off.
Voila see how easy and pretty
Easy and pretty. It took me about 15 minutes to make this.

Oops add a pearl pin. So its ready.
See how pretty in the box....
Oh yes now for the pretty Pearl Wrist Corsage!

PEARL WRIST CORSAGE
Under $5
I found these $1 bracelets to use. They looked just like the one I checked out at a real florist shop.
Get some loose pearls..not real ;)
Find one big pretty flower in what every color you need.
Sew the flower to the top of the bracelet with sewing thread.
Then get three of  the pearls on needle and sew on top of flower.
See

This was the easiest Corsage to make and under $5
LOOK how beautiful they are!!
Add them in the clear boxes and you are ready for the dance.
Ok, just for fun we added a little bling for the two friends!
These big fake diamond rings are found in the wedding aisle which are napkin holders.
We added one ring in each clear box..
So pretty! All together made for under $15
Thank you for stopping by my little beginner blog! Its learning the blog process.  Please come
back again. Have a blessed day!

OMG people it rained one day this week.I went out side and watched it. I was exciting I had forgot what rain had looked like in Texas. We had not had rain but about 6 times since Christmas. This morning it is 54 degrees so very nice since we have had so many over 105 degrees days this summer.

7 comments:

  1. I did a rain dance for you Steph!

    The boutonniere and corsages came out fabulous!!!! Wel done and very thrifty of you.

    Janet xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Janet, the girls loved them last night at the dance....
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are pretty! Great job! I love the beaded bracelets! I would love for you to come link this and/or any other projects you have been up to at the Tuesday Talent Show! Hope to see you there!
    -Nikki
    http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really pretty! I have always wondered how these were made. Thanks so much for sharing this @ Show & Share!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job! Love them! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect timing. My son's homecoming is coming up and now I can make a corsage! I would love for you to share this project on my Inspiration Board {link party}. I know my readers would really enjoy it. Thanks!
    http://carolynshomework.blogspot.com/2011/10/inspiration-board-link-party-18.html
    carolyn - homework

    ReplyDelete
  7. So clever. The best part is she'll get to keep it as a reminder of that special day! Thanks for linking to Refresh Your Nest Friday, can't wait to see what other projects you've got in store.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Please leave a comment and let me know what you think. . Come back and check to see what I will be creating or talking about in my Ladybugs Garden. Stay creative!