Translate

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

How to make a Cloth Rosette

Hi everyone. Welcome back to my little blog. I have seen these being made on several sites. I have a granddaughter, so I decided to give it a try. These are so easy. You can make them out of almost any kind of stuff. I had an old sheet I had used for scraps. Just what ever color you need. I am going to make the rosettes for a head band and a hair clip. These are made with a tight twist. You can make loose also..that will be next post. These are made for less than $2 each. You can add the pretty rosettes to anything. I will add them to clothes, purses, photo frames, necklaces etc...

 
Items needed:
Material scraps
Hot Glue Gun
Felt or Thick  Interfacing (for back of rosette)
Pins
Head Band and Hair Clips
head band, material strip, square of interfacing
I cut strips for this 2 inches wide and any length depending on how big you want the rose. Cutting the strip wider will make a bigger rosette twist. I like cutting longer lengths and cut off when I get the size I want. If our material has a wrong side make sure you twist to show the pretty side.
Fold material in half. Make a knot at one end of strip tight.
                                      
Hold knot in one hand and start to twist the strip
Cut a square of interfacing or felt to use to glue the rose on.
Here start by holding the knot down and twisting the strip and going around the knot. You can hot glue the twisted strips as you go around the knot down to the backing. This so it want come up when you let go.
        
See, just keep twisting and going around until it gets as large as you want.
I pin it down as I stop and glue every now and then. Cut off the strip.
Here I made a second rose a little smaller than the first. Keep it pined down at the ends.
Here are two together.

Head band color matching as needed.
If you want you can wait until you have the rose as large as wanted, then hot glue all on the back and lay it down on the backing.
I take a pin and tuck in the ends into the glue not to see them.
Her is what it looks like on the back.
 Then cut the backing close so not to be seen looking at it from the top of rose.
                                                                      
                            Take the head band and hot glue the rosette off to one side a little. This is what I like but glue it any where you like and press down.
See the back is nice also. 
                                       

                                     
Look how pretty.
Pretty 
Making a hair clip, you glue one little rose on the end.

 This only took me less than 15 minutes.
                                      

16 comments:

  1. That's so cute! I'm fairly new to crafting, and I'm definitly going to give this a try. Thanks!
    www.junkyardmom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. They turned out lovely! I love the fabric you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love fabric works. This is pretty and tutorial is clear. Will have a go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! Love the simplicity of those.

    I would like you to share your creation at my linky party when you get a chance at http://www.jaqsstudio.com/2011/10/jaqs-studio-first-ever-linky-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very smart of you to figure something like that out! Stopping by from the blog hop and now a new follower of your blog thru GFC. I would love a follow back when you get the chance. Thanks so much for your help and have a wonderful weekend! Oh, by the way, I am having my first giveaway, Eclipse Spa Products, and would love for you to enter.

    Mary@http://www.mmbearcupoftea.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love them. Thank you for the tutorial and inspiration. They are so cute on the headband. I need to make some of these on little clips for my two new nieces. Thank you so much sharing and for linking up to our party Show and Share this week! Come on back this Wednesday to link up your current projects.

    A mommy's life...with a touch of YELLOW
    tyandwhitneyulrich.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful hair accessories. Thanks for sharing at Bacon Time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this--I have been looking for a tutorial on this kind of rose--thank you so much for sharing! I have been wanting to make a ruffle bag and add one of these roses. Now I'm inspired! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your rosettes and the headband are so cute. Thanks for the tutorial!

    Thanks for linking to Potpourri Friday. Your appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This turned out so cute! I love the fabric! Thanks for sharing at the Stache Party! I hope you'll come back next month to link up!
    Stephanie
    mylilpumpkinpatch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is very nice! I love these kinds of crafts.
    www.feedingnineonadime.blogspot.com
    www.ladybugswithzoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gracias por compartir lo que sabes y hacer este tutorial.
    bss

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty - I've been wanting to make some of these for a while now - found your tutorial via Google - great instructions, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful Tutorial and great hairband.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Please leave a comment and let me know what you think. . Come back and check to see what I will be creating or talking about in my Ladybugs Garden. Stay creative!