Translate

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Tea Cup Bird Feeders

I am so glad to see you stopped by again or maybe you are new welcome to my Ladybug's Garden. I have a cute, easy and cheap craft for you today. I love to make these. 
They are Tea Cup or Mug and Saucer Bird Feeders.  I go thrift shopping for all the ones I make.  Tea cups, mugs and saucers are so cheap like 50 cents or less. As you can see I like big funny colorful one. The birds love colorful things that attract them like flower colors.
I always have these made for gifts!

My Inspiration Pieces

Things you will need:
Tea Cups or Mugs and Saucers
Old spoons
Any pipe--I used conduit (made for burying  electrical wires) cheapest
Ends to glue to bottom of saucers
Gorilla Glue not Liq Nail

I chose this type of pipe due to it being cheap and the color would blend in when in the flower bed..
As I learned Liq Nail will be ok for the cup gluing to the saucer...But when you glue the little top and put it on the pipe Liq Nail will not hold..
Add glue to mug bottom and Press cup or mug on to saucer 
See how pretty

         
I tried Liquid nails first but they would not stay glued.....or....
 I used Gorilla Glue on the bottom of the caps

Add Gorilla Glue to cap and press on bottom of saucer

Put glue on bottom of your cup and press on saucer and let dry
Letting them dry
Now glue a spoon on each cup set! The birds can perch on the spoons.
See how pretty
This is my funny one..ha a cat!
Just a repeat to show you how easy...
Beautiful mugs and saucers I found Thrifting 25 cents


See hammer the pole in ground then put cup on top of it!

I think bright colors like these are pretty.
Once they are dry, I take my cut pipe the length you want it to be tall in flower bed out with my cup set to the yard. I hammer the pipe into the flower bed where I want it and then sit the cup set onto the top of pipe. This way you can get the pipe deep enough not to fall over. Then put the cup feeder on the pole press and jiggle it on.


Any kind of bird seed you like...


 I think this pretty Bird Feeder makes your flower beds so pretty and colorful and better the birds will enjoy them..You can get any kind of bird seed you want. I just bought this one.
Now just add bird feed around in the saucer and fill the cup with water for the birds to enjoy!

Don't you just love her, I DO !

I used thrift store finds 
See how pretty!
I put this pretty one out side my husbands home office window!!

This make your flower beds look like they have flowers in them  lol....

Now go thrifting and make the birds some feeders! 
I love my cat mug!
 Come back soon. Stay creative!


24 comments:

  1. Hey Steph,
    These are so cute...I will be making some!!

    Janet xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steph these so cute the saucer & cups I try make these have all supplies but the bottom part glues to cup can't seem get right piece.Wrote this one down so maybe I can get it.Thanks again By way I'm 66 yr.ole granny that lives in Va. Thank's 'Cookie"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look i the Lowes or Home Depot electrical department. I used conduit pipes and connectors. I have seen people use different kinds of material like copper. But it so expensive and people steel it.

      Delete
  3. These are great and how cheerful..I need to make some for my backyard

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love this! I might try it for Spring ~

    http://aissafamily.blogspot.com/2011/10/wordless-wednesday-linky.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! Thanks a bunch! MaryC

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have always thought these were so cute. I really need to make some - they would make great gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are a great gift. I made a big box of these one dy. I filled my entire table top with glued cups and saucers...lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love these tea cup and saucer bird feeders. so quaint and charming.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute!! Love this idea!
    Thanks for linking up to Show & Share!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are such creative little bird feeders. Adorable!

    Thanks for linking to Potpourri Friday. I appreciate you and hope you will make it a regular party stop!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! Would LOVE it if you would link this up at my turquoise lovin' party going on right now!! http://www.sweetlittlegals.com/2011/10/turquoise-lovin-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. my husband and I make the tea cup feeders. We chose 3/4 in copper pipe and cap. and I use E 600 clear glue for mine. We live in an area that during the winter we have to put them in the garage. They freeze and break. lovely tea cup feeders. Thanks for your tips on making them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You know what? I think I'm going to try that this spring with my daughter! She'd love this project, especially if it attracts more birds to our garden. Thanks for linking up to Refresh Your Nest Fridays, so glad you did!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are SO cute! I've never seen this before. VERY pretty! Hi! New follower from MomsReviews4You Wednesday Hop! I hope you'll stop by my blog and follow back! Thanks :) Through the Eyes of a Tiger

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Steph, what a wonderful craft you have created. Perfect for gift giving, especiall for an avid gardener. Kudos. I found and am now following you through The Romantic Home and hope to visit lots. Please also go and check out my blog and perhaps you will follow me also. I would like that. Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs, Chris

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this idea. First of all, I love tea cups and saucers. Second of all, I love bird feeders. This is a perfect craft for me. Thank you so much for sharing; I will definately be making these. Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. featuring on thurs at bacon time :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. They came out great! So glad mine could be and inspiration. I've been picking up cup and saucer sets for months now. I will be sharing them all one day in our thrift theme link up. Great job with yours!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love these! So cute I am going to try and make one! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for linking it with Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for this.Another lovely gift to make for a friend.And for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have made 5 of these great idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Please leave a comment and let me know what you think. . Come back and check to see what I will be creating or talking about in my Ladybugs Garden. Stay creative!