Translate

Friday, October 14, 2011

Thrifty Craft Center Chalk Paint Redo

Hi everyone. Welcome to my Blog.
 I am so glad to see you back checking in with me to see whats going on in my Ladybug's Garden.
Today I am going to show you my reveal of my $20 Thrifty Find Craft Center. I bought the hutch top for $20 and a lady gave the desk bottom free. I love free or cheap don't you? 
This is my first project job using ASCP. 
***********************************
                                
Here we go, getting my supplies out. Paint and brush. Thats right nothing else! There is no sanding and priming before using this paint..Yahooo I love this idea! I always love easy, quick.

DESK BEFORE
Three different colors. Top yellow, desk top white, desk stained.


Top painted ASCP Old White
Painted the top hutch first. OLD WHITE ASCP
What is nice is if you get any paint on the glass, it just wipes off with a wet cloth. I love this...
 SO NO TAPPING!
Excuse my yogurt ops......A girl get hungry while painting..
Next painted the bottom desk.

Next I painted the desk bottom. No I didn't take stuff out of desk..
I took all the old knobs off the drawers first.
This is a big desk. I choose it because it is deep and when I put the hutch on top,
 I still had plenty of work area for my sewing machines.
When the paint is dry it feels kinda flat and ruff.
Waxing makes the beauty come out of the piece!
 I think of my craft center like the ugly duckling and the swan of Chalk Paint..
Finished painting..Now comes the waxing and buffing.
 I picked  ASCP Clear Wax for my project.



I had a nice duster so I used this.
 But you can use almost any soft cloth to buff.
I put wax on the entire craft center.
 It changes the color of the Old White some what. 
Sand lightly or as much as you want it to look like.



Next I lightly sanded the areas to make it look distressed and old worn looking. As I sanded I kept a wet cloth and wiped after. You get little dust because of the waxing.
I sanded the edges, legs and around the knobs and key hold.
Lightly sanded in areas you might rub in daily use.



She has pretty legs!
See her pretty legs sanded lightly.
I added new knobs..
The desk has two pull out writing drawers. I love these and left so I left them the stained color.
 I can use these for cutting or crafts etc while sitting at my desk.

CRAFT CENTER DESK BEFORE 
CRAFT CENTER DESK AFTER
 I love the new look of my $20 Craft Center.

BEFORE AND AFTER

Thanks everyone for coming by. Come back again. Stay creative!
Thrifting, Recycle, Re-purpose, Redo are words I love!
http://missmustardseed.blogspot.com/2011/10/furniture-feature-friday-link-party.html
Joining






15 comments:

  1. I have yet to try ASCP, but am looking forward to the day. Your craft center turned out great and what a nice place to house all your things! All for $30? So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Look at all the storage in that... perfect for your crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for joining my Weekend Wonders blog party last week. It was much appreciated! Hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks fabulous! Found your blog at Welcome Wednesday and I am following you now! Hope you have a moment to say hello at www.happyhourprojects.com - come link up! Freestyle Friday is open now and going on all weekend!

    Adrianne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks awesome! I'm just finishing up my first project with ASCP - I'll be ready to show it next week. Did you wax before sanding? I sanded, then waxed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It turned out amazing!! I love ASCP! Found you via Miss Mustard Seed and now a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Impressive!! I'm visiting from the Saturday Stalk blog hop. I'm now following you on GFC as Ericka T. Please check out my blog and consider following me. Thanks.

    www.savingwhilemakingmoney.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Stephanie! What a great transformation! Very pretty! I see in your profile that you are in Kingwood. I used to live there, before coming to Dallas! I am now happily following you; and I hope you will follow me, too! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi,

    New follower from the blog hop please comes follow me back :)
    http://lifewithtwinsandadramaqueen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for participating in “Stalk Hop Friday”! I'm Following you on GFC as Mrs. Marine! Sorry it took me so long to stop by.
    www.mrs-marine.com
    "Stalk Hop Friday" posts every Thrusday at 5 PM Eastern!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I Love it! I would love to try the chalk paint, but because I'm new at all this, not sure if I should put out the $$! Great work! (found you at Miss Mustard Seed's party).
    http:becauseithinkican.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Steph,

    So happy I got to see your new crafting center in person...it's lovely!!!

    Well done girl!! Now you have all those new chalk paint colors to play with...have fun ;->

    Loved..loved..loved visiting with you and Eddie Boy!

    Janet xox
    http://theemptynest-janet.blogspot.com/

    PS...now you have to come to Virginia to visit me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the finished product! It turned out so great!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love ASCP. I've been painting and wax with four colours and finally, finally, sanded the edges and here and there on my last project - it was boring until I sanded and waxed. Now planning my next project.

    You sewing/craft center/paint/wax project is wonderful. Beautiful but so useful.

    - Joy

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're a genius and thrifty too! I guess that makes you a double genius! I love this piece and how it holds all your stuff.

    I'm your newest follower. Please stop by and say hi.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Please leave a comment and let me know what you think. . Come back and check to see what I will be creating or talking about in my Ladybugs Garden. Stay creative!