Translate

Friday, January 9, 2015

My King Size Batik Quilt

My husband wanted to know when I was making a quilt for our bed. Well, we have a king size bed I told him, that is a big quilt. SO,  I have always loved purple. I saw this smaller quilt at my local quilt shop and inquired on the pattern. I though this is a simple pattern not so complicated. 
It used two Bali Pops and yardage of the purple and rose color for the borders.

My longarmer called her The Big Purple Monster because she was huge.



I had all my strips matched lie I wanted them, sewn and cuts into squares. I took them with me on a quilting retreat with some girlfriends. This photo is me putting the blocks on a design wall in the way I wanted to sew the rows. I had cut the purple triangles to put the quilt on point. Here you can see some on the left side.





Here the photo shows after I added the two borders on.
This quilt
measured 125 inches by 125 inches when
 I brought her to the longarmers Kim Norton.
 I wanted no pillow shams and to be sure it was
wide enough not to have to fight for cover at night.
I used 80/20 cotton batting by Hobbs.


Don't you love my scrappy back? I used extra blocks and
Some fat back extra wide fabric I had.


I absolutely love my quilt and so does my husband.


I am so proud of my self.


You see I have only been quilting about two years. I am loving quilting.
I have two more kings in progress now I will show you soon.



Thanks for dropping by my blog. Come back soon to see what I am up to.
Stay creative every one.

4 comments:

  1. Hello,

    Oh I do love your purple monster of a quilt, it looks great on the bed.

    Happy days.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great inspirational article. I am pretty much satisfied with your good work. You put really very useful information.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely quilt! I love the photos. Thanks for inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Please leave a comment and let me know what you think. . Come back and check to see what I will be creating or talking about in my Ladybugs Garden. Stay creative!